My Sister

Posted by Muthu on April 29, 2013

This is to inform you that my sister passed away yesterday (Sunday) at the age of 56.

She has been recovering from bye-pass surgery done last month.

She collapsed near the door when she returned from hospital after a dressing for wound. It was all over just like that and nothing could be done despite doctor reaching in 5 minutes.

I was born when she was studying PUC (Pre University Course). She was more of a mother figure as our age difference was around 16+ years. More so, in the context of my mother passing away when I was nine years old.

Till 55 she did not have any health issues. She used to regularly walk, do yoga and was very disciplined in food habits. Despite that, in the last one year, she suffered, health detoriated and finally she is no more. As always, Life is fragile and can take us by surprise.

For next 2 weeks, my schedule is unpredictable. I request rescheduling of meetings and appointments after 12th May.

For routine assistance, you can call Partha. If something is important or urgent, I would definitely be available. Otherwise I’m available as usual from May 13th.

17 Responses to “My Sister”

1. karthik said

Extremely sorry to hear this, May god bless her soul and she rests in peace,the loss is ir repaiable, since i understand it more as ihave passed the same phase like yours.

2. subra manian said

Dear Muthu, Iam a reader aquainted with you through ur columns only.Iam deeply distressed to note the sad demise of ur sister.By modern day longivity standards it is a very young age.But Almighty has different plans and he loves to take sometimes young because they are too good and dedicated.Kindly accept my heart felt condolences and i join in ur prayers for the departed soul to rest in heavenly abode.

G.Subramanian

3. CodeRed said

Muthu i am very sorry for your loss! My mother also died from massive cardiac arrest despite doctors desperately tried to revive her! Its been more than 4 years since she has passed.. I know how it feels to loose a loved one! My prayers are with your family.. May her soul rest in peace..

4. CodeRed said

my heart goes out to you and your family..

5. amol said

Extremely sorry to hear that.May her soul rest in peace.

6. Ashfaq Ahmed said

Its very tough to absorb such an event; my heartfelt condolences;
    Certainly life is unpredictable!!

7. vijayan said

I can’t imagine the sadness you must be feeling from your loss.

8. sendil said

may her soul rest in peace, my deep condolences to u sir

9. Arun said

May Ramana Bhagavan take care of her, you, and your family as always.

10. Vijay said

My deepest condolences to you & your family. May her soul rest in peace.

11. Prasanth said

Hi Muthu,

My heartfelt condolences. It is sad to loose someone who is so near and dear to you. I have been a reader of your blog.

12. Gnaneswar said

I am very sorry for your loss.May her soul Rest In peace.Life is unpredictable,nobody knows what will happen….
    My deepest condolenses to you,your family and your sister’s family.

13. Ketan Amin said

May her soul Rest In peace.

14. amol said

Saying anything on such news is always painful for me. I pray to God for peace for her soul.
    May god give give your family lot of strength in such tough time.

15. shajan said

My deepest condolences…

16. K. Kannan said

ungal sogothariyin aanmaa santhiyadaya, ellaam valla iraivanai vendukiren! avarin aasi ungalukku endrum undu!..

K. Kannan, IFA, Pondicherry.

17. Kishor said

Hello Muthu ji,
    Felt very sad to hear regarding your sister’s demise. we pray to god, may her soul rest in peace.
    regards,