Wise Wealth Advisors

D.Muthukrishnan (Muthu), Certified Financial Planner- Personal Financial Advisor

  • Archives

  • Recent Posts

  • Categories

  • Blog Stats

    • 1,329,432 hits
  • Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 1,668 other followers

One kick 10,000 times

Posted by Muthu on June 6, 2015

“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” -Bruce Lee

This quote talks about power of practice, perseverance and repetition.

It is said that 10,000 hours of practice makes one an expert in a particular field. Practising one kick 10,000 times makes one a master, an opponent to be feared by even by the likes of Bruce Lee.

By doing one thing, 120 times or 240 times, you also become a successful investor. That one thing is SIP. SIP over 10 (120 times) or 20 years (240 times) brings investment success.

Studies have found that only 5% of investors do better than an index fund. For remaining 95%, it is a losing game. Since actively managed funds (the kind of funds you are investing) do well in India, by investing regularly in them for long term, you beat most other investors including professionals.

We’ve mentioned about Dalbar studies which quantifies how investors earn significantly lesser than investment returns. 95% may fall into the category of investors who earn significantly lesser than investment returns. Only 5% may make it.

Those 5% are the ones who practice one kick, 10,000 times; who follow one habit of SIP regularly without fail, 240 times.

There is no need to learn 10,000 different things like analysing macro economics, geo political factors, technical analysis, quant theories etc. Practise just one thing, only one thing, do SIP regularly without breaking even one instalment for next 20 years. This one thing would make you successful and respected by the Bruce Lees of the investment world.

One kick, 10000 times = Successful martial artist

One method (SIP), 20 years = Successful investor

All the best.

4 Responses to “One kick 10,000 times”

  1. bvmallikarjunrao said

    It is ok to invest continuously 20 years in SIP of funds which one chose. in between some of funds may have bad phase temporarily or permanently at that time what to do. weather after 2-3 bad years we have to change the fund and switch to another fund or what ever the performance we should continue upto 20 years in that fund one we chose to invest in that fund.

  2. Siddhartha said

    Another article to inspire us to go for SIP way of investing. Appreciate your efforts.

  3. ajjw123 said

    Sir ,great as usual .One needs 10000(27.4 years) days to master the art of SIP.One who does that ,every body know the results.But to travel this journey with patience and discipline is the key.

  4. Simpy WOW!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: